The Get - Commes Des Garcons Play - Converse Heart Sneakers

Man oh man, when I first read about a collaboration between Commes Des Garcons and Converse, I was a little more than excited, but thought perhaps that the sneaker would be really expensive.  Most Commes Des Garcons stuff is too expensive for me to buy (check out my next Gotta Have post).  CdG creatives Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe are pretty much the alpha and omega of Japanese style.

When I saw these "Heart" sneakers - which displays the style of Commes Des Garcons' with the low tech ethos of the Converse Chuck Taylor for only $100 - I thought to myself, "oh yes, I will have you".

But I haven't yet, so I am recommending them to all of you.
Ok, the shoes are a little fashion forward, not many guys will identify with a red heart with alien eyes on their sneakers but I have to plead my case - these sneakers are DOPE.  Not fashionable, but dope.  This means, and I guarantee it, you will be asked about the sneakers by countless sneakerheads (fans of sneakers).

So show some heart, cop a pair today (these are available at www.tobi.com for $100).

(courtesy of www.tobi.com)

Comments